Thursday, April 25, 2013

dubya.

This morning I tuned into C-SPAN 3 to watch the dedication of the George W Bush Presidential Library and Museum. It officially opens to the public May 1, and I know it will be first on my list of things to do when I visit John and Bayley in Dallas soon.

I think one of the best things about our country is this:
All living former Presidents, getting together to celebrate one of their own. Amazing.

And I love me some First Lady fashion {obsessed with LB's gold necklace} and history, so it was equally fun seeing these ladies too.
41 & 43 enjoyed some laughs during the ceremony. After giving a very brief statement 41 turned to Dubya and said "What, too long?" He's still got it.

But not as funny as his wife. I really want to know what Barbara Bush's aside comments to President Obama all throughout the ceremony were, because she had him cracking up. Like seriously cracking up.
I was also fascinated by Dick Cheney's choice of head gear...I guess, when you're in Texas, do as the Texans do {I also want to know if his hunting gun is in the museum}
Karl Rove {also known as Turd Blossom in the Bush White House} was there, the brains behind the entire operation. The genius of presidential campaignin'

But the real star of the whole day: Bush 41's pink socks

I can't wait to visit!

"There was a time in my life I wouldn't have been found at a library, much less found one.”- George W Bush

all photos via

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...