Monday, April 15, 2013

fresh face summer makeup essentials

Winter is outta here, so it's time to indulge in some fresh face cosmetics. Nothing is more summer, warm weather to me than pinks. Here's a look into my make up bag:


1 and 4: I love L'Oreal Paris'  Colour Rich lipstick in "Blushing Sequin". You can pick it up at Wal-Greens and then I like to gloss it over with Stila's lip glaze in "Grapefruit". It's more Barbie pink in the tube than the picture shows, but it looks really bright and makes the lip standout over the L'Oreal lipstick.

2 and 3: I love, love Urban Decay eye shadow. I have their NAKED palate and I have never found a better and more versatile palate. For summer, I love the shade"Sin". It's a soft pink shimmer that's low key but still stands out. Like my mother, I have very sensitive skin and am prone to breakouts or allergic reactions to some makeup, so I've been on the hunt for a mascara for a while that didn't irritate or cause bumps around my eye. After many unsuccessful attempts and a long chat with a makeup girl at Sephora, I think I've finally found the perfect one. benefit's-They're REAL mascara.  I sampled it for a month and went back for a large tube a few weeks ago. FINALLY.

5 and 6: I'm a foundation girl. My skin is prone to break outs and imperfections so I have to have something cover it up, but I don't like my face to feel heavy-especially in the summer. I discovered this Make Up Forever High Definition foundation at Sephora about two years ago. It's PERFECT. It covers like no other, but still feels light and makes your skin so soft. Also it comes in this great pump so it's easy to put on. I've recently fallen into the world of BB creams. They seem to have exploded everywhere in the last year. I'm partial to this one from Smashbox. I dab it on in key sections of my face just to smooth things out and then proceed with foundation over. I think further into the summer once I get some sun I might just use to the BB Cream and give the foundation some rest.

7: As everyone knows, NARS blush in "Orgasm" is the quintessential go-to blush. Yes, it's pricey, but it's so completely worth it. I have the blush/bronzer duo with the "Laguna" bronzer included. I'm running low at the moment, thank goodness for Sephora gift cards.

8: This is my new Essie summer toe polish "Peach Daiquiri . It's way more hot pink than this photo shows. It's very close to OPI's famous "Strawberry Margarita". I like to switch up my fingernails weekly, but my toes don't change as often so I usually keep them a shade of red or pink.

What's in your makeup bag this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...