Monday, April 29, 2013

the weekend.

My weekend.
photo via
Friday was a day of friend catch up.  My bestie Brooke and I had been missing each others calls for about two weeks and we finally connected Friday morning while she was driving back to Starkville from a work presentation. We chatted for a good hour and a half. During that call Bayley beeped in so I promptly called her back when I got off with Brooke. Before all the phone calls started I had been in the middle of cleaning...I thought I was finally going to get back to it when I got a lovely surprise call from Anna Claire. She was driving to Tupelo for the weekend from Nashville. We chatted for 2 hours. I seriously haven't been on the phone this much in AGES. But its fun to catch up with good friends. I guess I'm the go-to-girl to call when you've got two hours of driving to kill.

My brother Josh came for a visit this weekend. He arrived Friday evening and then along with my parents we all went to eat some Japanese at the local Kyoto restaurant. So yummy. Saturday started with a lazy morning. My mom made us ham and biscuits and we ate them right up then all set out on the back patio and drank coffee and chatted for a few hours. Josh and I then went through my parents old record collection from college and such and went on the search for a turntable. We didn't have any luck, but he took some records back home with him and he was going to look online for one. I would have loved to have known the Karen that owned that record collection. It was fun hearing her talk about listening to them in her room as a teenager.

Saturday afternoon I went to Sam's and Kroger with my mom. Always an interesting experience. We did enjoy some good samples as always at Sams. Mom and I piled up on the magazines. I realize I get my love for the glossy pages from her. I don't why she ever admonishes me for the habit because she is just as bad or maybe even worse. We spent the afternoon on the patio reading through these:


Saturday night my Grandmother came over to have a spaghetti dinner with us. We all hung out on the patio and chatted while we waited for supper to be ready. We ate and then had some wonderful fresh cut strawberries, angel food cake and homemade whip cream for dessert. 

After Grandmother left, I indulged in my favorite Washington event of the year via CSPAN and my DVR: The Annual White House Correspondent's Dinner. It's held every year at the Washington Hilton. The press comes, the President comes, celebrities come and everyone makes fun of the President and/or the Press. This years spotlight comedian was Conan O'Brien. It was quite fun to watch. Here's a look at President Obama's speech. Funny stuff.

And here's Conan:

I really think the person in charge of the invitations just decided to put all my FAVORITE people in one room that happens to be my favorite event and torture me. ALL OF THESE PEOPLE WERE THERE:
1. Josh Lyman & Joe Quincy, West Wing {Bradley Whitford & Matthew Perry}
2. Olivia Pope & President Fitzgerald Grant, Scandal {Kerry Washington & Tony Goldwyn
3. Congressman Francis and Claire Underwood, House of Cards {Kevin Spacey & Robin Wright}
4. President Andrew Shepard, The American President {Michael Douglas}
5. Lady Mary Crawley, Downton Abbey {Michelle Dockery}
6. Elaine Benes, Seinfeld--She was there because of her show VEEP but she's always Elaine to me {Julia Louis-Dryfus}
7. Jamie Lanister, Game of Thrones {Nikolaj Coster-Waldau}

I MEAN SERIOUSLY. 

Sunday consisted of church services, amazing roasted chicken with potatoes & carrots, asparagus & apple turnovers, a great nap, wonderful ladies Bible study on Grandmothers, and some leftovers for dinner. 

I'd say it's been a pretty good weekend. How was yours?

Linking up with 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...