Monday, January 13, 2014

Golden Globes 2014: Fashion

Last nights biggest trends on the red carpet seemed to be: Color Block, Black and White, Geometric, Red, Metallic, and Pregnancy.

A dress in the Geometric category that really stuck out to me was Elisabeth Moss. I don't know if I love the bottom half of the dress but this top half is fantastic. And those earrings are perfect. 


COLOR BLOCK

1. Taylor Swift 2. Sandra Bullock 3. Julie Bowen 4. Amy Adams 5. Aubrey Plaza

Julie Bowen and Taylor Swift are the best of these 5 dresses. I like Amy Adams dress just not the hair and makeup. Aubrey Plaza looks a little early 2000 prom, but I do like the colors. 

BLACK AND WHITE
 1. Julia Roberts 2. Jennifer Lawrence 3. Hayden Panettiere 4. Laura Carmichael 5. Jenna Dewan-Tatum

The only one I really LOVE is Laura Carmichael {Lady Edith has the best clothes this season....so only fitting} I think the Julia Roberts dress would be great...if she didn't have the button up shirt under it. I just don't get that. Jennifer Lawrence is too like her last year award season dresses. I need her in something besides the strapless, low boob belted long dress. Hayden--I hate the hair and I don't love the dress. Jenna- she looks fantastic in that dress and her hair looks great. I just don't LOVE the dress. But I think she looks fabulous in it. 

LADIES IN RED: two of my top 5 looks of the night. Emma Watson's dress/pant ensemble. I love, love, loved it. It was elegant and still young and fun! Lupita Nyong' o was the most stunning on the red carpet last night. Absolutely beautiful. 


BATTLE OF THE EXPECTANT MOTHERS
1. Olivia Wilde 2. Drew Berrymore 3. Kerry Washington

Olivia Wilde---is she really pregnant or is that just a pillow?? She could have worn that dress pregnant or not. Drew Berrymore looks like a Valentine. I don't love the dress, but I think it's fun. Kerry Washington's look is a little boring for me, but it looks great with her pregnancy glow. It's very elegant.

METALLIC
1. Lizzy Caplan 2. Kate Beckinsale 3. Naomi Watts 4. Mila Kunis

Kate Beckinsale's dress is another of my BEST DRESSED. So so pretty. I love the sleeves/top of Lizzy Caplan's dress so much. 

CATE BLANCHETT. SO PRETTY. SO ELEGANT. 

Zooey Deschanel: Just so dainty and so pretty.  


This is just a few of the fashion statements made at the Globes last night. It was hard to pick which ones to include and which ones to leave off. I didn't include the ones that I absolutely HATED: I'm looking at you Lena Dunham, Zoe Saldana, Rashida Jones, and Paula Patton. 

Who were you lovin' and hatin'????

Linking up for Monday Morning Gossip.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with your favorites and least favorite. Lupita and Cate were gorgeous! Glad someone else liked Emma's look... a lot of people were on the fence about it.

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...