Wednesday, May 8, 2013

2013 #MetGala

I know I'm a day late on the Met Gala fashion, but here are my thoughts.

First, when viewing these looks you have to remember this the Costume Institute Gala at the Met so everything is couture, costumey, and over-the-top in {hopefully} the best ways possible..

1. I think Taylor Swift was the BEST of the night in incorporating theme, but also being tasteful and PRETTY. {She also reminds me of Nicole Kidman with this look}

2. I'm in love with everything Kerry Washington does at this point. Including this Vera Wang number. I also love how she's all of sudden the new long glove girl {watch last weeks Scandal episode for some amazing casual long white glove wearing, with a perfectly dramatic and intense take off before battling with President Grant in the Oval---sorry I digress--but watch it}
3. I am surely not a Cameron Diaz fan by any means, but I was obsessed with this look. That spiked belt was fabulously theme appropriate, but the rest was solid, simple classic look to let the studs shine.

4. Kimye....Stay home next time...PLEASE. This was just horrendous. AWFUL. You're pregnant---couture is not made for pregnant---it's made for rail thin models. Lets keep it that way. Although even nonpregnant Kim would not look good in this and look at Kayne---dude KNOWS the truth. He's not loving it either.
5. I'm not sure these four were aware a theme existed. All pretty, but not really fitting with the rest of the group. Maybe they're just too good to theme. 
6. The girls in black. I support Ginnifer Goodwin's look {just not the eye shadow}, I like Dakota Fanning & Carry Mulligan's geometric looks{just kinda plain and forgettable} I know this is a shocker but I loved Anne Hathaway's overall look but I didn't enjoy the side-boob action. It made it look like it didn't fit. And Miley SCARY and TERRIBLE...AWFUL. NO. I don't mind the dress really, but that hair...NOPE. NO.
7. Sienna Miller: LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. 
I can't get enough of that jacket and headband. So punk appropriate yet super cute. She pulled it off so perfect. Her carefree hair and simple white dress was the perfect contrast. I loved it. She used accessories to her complete advantage. Get it Sienna. {oh, but your date is scary}

There were many more celebs and looks to remember, but these are the ones that stuck out in my mind. Who were your hits and misses?

images via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...