Thursday, May 2, 2013

I dream of Kentucky Derby Attendance

The Run of the Roses is this weekend! Attending the Kentucky Derby is on my bucket list. I want to wear a pretty dress, a big ol' hat, pearls around my neck with a mint julep in my hand.  During campaign season I became fast friends with a few Kentuckians so I'm hoping that will help me get closer to my goal of actually attending. They promised me they would show me a good and proper Derby time someday! I visited Churchill Downs in 2009 with my parents because my dad had an FBI conference in Louisville. The tour is really fun and I highly recommend if you are ever in the area, but it just made me want to attend the full on Derby even more.
In front of the famous spires at Churchill Downs in 2009 with my parents


Until I make it there, I'll just dream of these Derby inspired outfits from Polyvore and watch with K in my parents living room.

Beautiful Blue

Kentucky Derby Contest #2

Orla Kiely dress, $445 / Rupert Sanderson patent shoes / Diane Von Furstenberg raffia handbag / Fantasy Jewelry Box birthstone earrings / Eastex , $100 / Plush Red Rose Bouquet

Daring Red
Kentucky Derby Contest

Full Circle shift dress, $205 / Christian Louboutin / Alexander McQueen box clutch, $1,280 / Pieces bracelet bangle, $7.54 / Lab / Hat, $185

Classic Beige and Black
DOTS AT THE DERBY

People Tree vintage style dress, $58 / Oscar de la Renta patent shoes / Givenchy / Henri Bendel bracelet bangle / White pearl earrings, $765 / Wallis round sunglasses

Equestrian Brown
What I would wear to the Derby!

Antonino Valenti mini dress, $775 / High heel shoes / Rebecca Minkoff / Pieces bracelet bangle, $6.97 / Rossana Fani bead jewelry, $170 / J.Crew straw hat / Warehouse leopard scarve, $15 / H&M h m, $3.86

Fabulous Florals

Kentucky Derby 2012

Sleeveless dress / Miu Miu lace cocktail dress, $635 / Jigsaw gold bracelet, $60 / Astley Clarke gold jewelry, $970 / Bakers straw hat / Straw hat / Nail polish / Buy Kentucky Derby 10.25" Icon Plastic Plates-Caufields.com

Here's to "my ole-Kentucky {in my dreams} home" Happy Derby Weekend!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...