Friday, March 29, 2013

happy {EASTER} weekend


Hi ya! I'm kicking off this Easter weekend by helping the residents at the nursing home my mom runs dye eggs this afternoon. Then Saturday I will be dying more eggs in the morning {my mom wants to hide them for Clyde-yes, we're those people now}. Saturday afternoon we will head over to Saltillo for the annual Johnson Family Easter Egg Hunt {fingers crossed the rain holds off}. Everyone brings a snack to share and we get to watch all the kids run around the yard looking for the hundreds of eggs they hide every year. It's always a lot of fun. Sunday morning {dressed in our new Easter frocks} we will head to church and then have a good lunch afterward. Our Easter is more low key this year, since Josh, John and Bayley all won't be in attendance. I think my mom is making her traditional coconut cake at some point this weekend. We like to celebrate the "Official Day of Letting White Back in to Our Wardrobes" with an all white and perfectly delicious dessert. I know, I know the RULES have changed and you can wear white all year long---well not for these Southern ladies. Rules are Rules...and some just aren't meant to be broken. It would just never feel right to me.

Here's to hoping for a beautiful SPRING weekend. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...